18 year old girl electrocuted and killed while charging her phone after her home was struck by lightning
A teenage girl has died after being electrocuted when her home was struck by lightning while she was using her mobile phone as it charged.
Radja Ferreira de Oliveira’s phone was plugged into the mains at her house in Santarem, Brazil, when it was hit by lightning in the early hours of Sunday.
At the moment it struck, the 18-year-old was using the device, and she received a severe electric shock and passed out.
Emergency services were called, but by the time the paramedics arrived on the scene, her family had already given her first aid and rushed her to hospital.
Sadly, Radja was pronounced dead on arrival.