CHIKWE IHEKWEAZU STATE FIVE THINGS DONE TO MANANAGE COVID
June 10, 2020

CHIKWE IHEKWEAZU STATE FIVE THINGS DONE TO MANANAGE COVID-19 PATIENTS AT ISOLATION CENTRES

CHIKWE IHEKWEAZU STATE FIVE THINGS DONE TO MANANAGE COVID-19 PATIENTS AT ISOLATION CENTRES

Chikwe Ihekweazu open up on five things done to manage COVID-19 patients at Isolation centres, it’s news that Coronavirus have no known cure nor vaccines, hence this left Nigerians asking how the situation of patients are being managed at isolation centres, Nigerianjournal gathered.

Many speculations have been fueled, since some Covid-19 survivors started claiming they were given malaria drugs while some said they were not given any drugs at all, in other to address these information gap, Chikwe Ihekweazu, the director-general of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), has listed five key ways Covid-19 patients are managed at isolation centres.

CHIKWE IHEKWEAZU STATE FIVE THINGS DONE TO MANANAGE COVID-19 PATIENTS AT ISOLATION CENTRES

Listed below are the forms of treatment used in managing COVID-19 PATIENTS;

1. Management of symptoms

2. Management of pre-existing conditions

3. Supplemental oxygen therapy

4. Treatment of bacterial infection

5. Ensuring patients are well-nourished and hydrated

 

In an intervening period of time, the Nigerian government’s combat  against the novel Coronavirus pandemic (Covid-19) may be futile as most Nigerians still think the virus is not real.

The index case of Covid-19 was confirmed in Lagos, Nigeria on Thursday, February 27. A few months after, the virus has spread to 35 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). As of the time of filing this report, 11,844 people have been infected across the country; 3,696 people have recovered while the deadly virus has claimed the lives of cases with 333 people.

CHIKWE IHEKWEAZU STATE FIVE THINGS DONE TO MANANAGE COVID-19 PATIENTS AT ISOLATION CENTRES

Furthermore, Nigeria has the third-highest Covid-19 cases in Africa, trailing South Africa and Egypt. Despite all these figures, many Nigerians appear not to believe that Covid-19 is real. Over 4,000 people participated in the poll on Facebook: the majority, 62%, claimed the virus is not real while the remaining 38% said it’sno child’s play.

 

Though there was a little different on the same poll question on Twitter: as 40% of the respondents believe the virus is real while 32% said it is not. In another report on Covid-19, the NCDC has said that patients who stop showing coronavirus symptoms will be discharged without waiting for a laboratory negative test. This was revealed by the director-general of NCDC who spoke at the daily briefing of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19, in Abuja on Thursday, June 5, 2020.

CHIKWE IHEKWEAZU STATE FIVE THINGS DONE TO MANANAGE COVID-19 PATIENTS AT ISOLATION CENTRES

NCDC DG OPEN UP ON FIVE THINGS DONE TO COVID-19 PATIENTS AT ISOLATION CENTRES

Developing stories…

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: