July 5, 2022

Meghan Markle’s dad breaks silence over news daughter and Harry will quit royals

Thursday, January 9, 2020

Meghan Markle’s estranged father has said he is “disappointed” at his daughter and Prince’s Harry’s decision to quit as senior royals.

Thomas Markle, 74, spoke to media hours after the Duke and Duchess of Sussex made the bombshell announcement they would be stepping back from their roles

Meghan and her father have not spoken since before her marriage to Prince Harry in 2018.

He is also yet to meet his grandson, Archie, who is now eight-months-old, and also has not met his son-in-law in person despite speaking on the phone.

Speaking to Us weekly , he said:  “I’ll just simply say I’m disappointed.”

Thomas Snr had been due to attend his daughter’s wedding but pulled out just days before after heart surgery.

His relationship with her began to deteriorate after he was caught on CCTV with a photographer setting up snaps in an internet cafe.

He claimed that the photos were designed to improve his image and begged for forgiveness.

He told Good Morning Britain about a phone conversation with the couple afterwards, he said: “I spoke to them both and I apologised.

“I realised it was a serious mistake. It’s hard to take it back.”

Even though the Duke and Duchess are walking away from the royal family, that could still earn millions in endorsement deals.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: